This year will be the third year the Oregon Logging Conference (Feb. 19-21) has held the Guess the Net Board Feet contest, sponsored by Swanson Brothers Lumber Company. The person with the best scaling abilities, and who comes closest to guessing the board feet of the load of logs, will win a Cabelas gift card worth $250.
The rules are simple:
• Guessing is free; one entry per person.
• The person closest to the officially sealed board foot volume wins. (The load will be scaled beforehand by a third party, independent log scaler using the Official Log Scaling Rules of the Northwest Log Rules Advisory Group.)
• Net board feet will be determined using a Scribner, West-Side scale.
• No climbing on the truck or load for a closer look.
• Winner will be determined Saturday, February 21, at 2:00 p.m. and notified Monday, February 23.
• In case of a tie, the winner will be drawn from a pool of tied entrants.
You won’t want to miss out. Stop by and test your skill!