In advance of official recognition by the Oregon Department of forestry on March 9th, the 2015 Operators of the Year will be named and honored at the Oregon Logging Conference. The winners are:
- WyEast Timber Services of Odell – Eastern Oregon operator of the year
- Giustina Land & Timber of Eugene and Hull-Oakes Lumber of Monroe– Northwest Oregon Operator of the Year
- R&R King Logging of Florence – Southern Oregon Operator of the year
- Melcher Logging of Sweet Home and J.M. Browning Logging of Astoria – Merit Awards.
The awards recognize companies for responsible, innovative, proactive work that protects natural resources. Recognition is also for people and entities that consistently meet or exceed the Oregon forest Practices Act requirements.
WHEN: Thursday, February 25th, 1:30 p.m.
Wheeler Pavilion, Lane County Fairgrounds
Mary Bullwinkel, Media Coordinator
(707) 601-6533, email@example.com
Rikki Wellman, OLC Manager
(541) 954-2477, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Oregon Logging Conference
The 78th Oregon Logging Conference will take place February 25 – 27, 2016 at the Lane County Fairgrounds in Eugene. The conference is renowned for its high-quality education opportunities and networking events, and offers an opportunity for participants and attendees to earn professional logger credits. The OLC also includes exhibits, logging, construction, trucking and heavy equipment displays. For more information go to www.oregonloggingconference.com or call (541) 686-9191.