There will be plenty of things to do and see at the 79th Annual Oregon Logging Conference, taking place at the Lane County Convention Center and Fairgrounds in Eugene. OR. See the latest in equipment for the logging, construction, and trucking industries, and find abundant opportunities to learn about the latest in technology.
The equipment and products on display at this year’s conference will highlight the cutting-edge technology and innovation in forestry and biomass equipment. This year’s theme “Growing the Future Today” will set the stage for unique educational and networking opportunities with forestry professionals. The conference’s two days of business and hands-on seminars, and displays and exhibits will allow members the opportunity to attend educational sessions and view the equipment show all at one location, the Lane County Convention Center and Fairgrounds.
There is something for everyone at OLC and you won’t want to miss this gathering!
OLC Presidential Address
2017 OLC President Jeff Wimer will address this year’s conference theme. “In many ways we may never see the fruits of our labor,” he said. When we plant a tree, do we see it being harvested?” he asked. “When we hire a new young associate, do we see their full potential during our tenure?” Wimer said, “Over the next several years we will see changes to the traditional ways in which we have logged. Like any technology,” he continued, it will take many years to full develop a safe and productive system… (and) in may ways the work we do today provides for the future of our industry.”
Wimer’s presidential address will take place after the opening session breakfast and OLC Foundation auction, On Thursday morning, February 23, 2017.
Conference Seminars and Panel Discussions
- Seminars on the Oregon Forest Practices Act and Washington Forest Practices Act
- Hands on training seminars on topics; Fire Prevention, Diesel Exhaust Emissions and Basic Logging Scaling and Exports
- Panel discussions on Better Ideas / New Logging Technology
- How to Hire a Kick @#$ Logging Crew
- Loggers of the Future
- Steep Slope Logging with Harvesters
These educational opportunities are valuable to forestry professionals, who earn professional logger credits while networking and exchanging ideas. (See schedule for specific dates and times)
Thursday morning, February 25th, Keynote Speaker is Merv George Jr., Forest Supervisor, Six Rivers National Forest
- Elementary school education tours of the Oregon Logging Conference will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Thursday, February 23rd.
- High School Forestry Skills Competition will take place on Saturday, February 25th from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Oregon Logging Conference Foundation Auction – proceeds for scholarsh